Registration is Open - Why Lacrosse For your Child?
With so many sports activities available these days, there are so many choices. So why choose lacrosse?
Lacrosse is one of the oldest team sports in our country – originated by our First Nations. Lacrosse is an action-packed, fast-paced sport. The players use sticks with nets on the end to throw a ball to each other, moving up the field to score on a goal at the end of the field.
They call it the fastest sport on two feet!
In an earlier form it was known as stickball (as it used to be played using a stick and a ball), based on its later adaptations, the sport came to be known as lacrosse (the words ‘la crosse’ meaning ‘the stick’ in French). Originally, lacrosse was only played by men, and there was no equipment used. In its modern version, lacrosse is played by both girls and boys, men and women. Today there is protective gear such as helmets, gloves, and padding.
Lacrosse is Canada’s official summer sport.
Playing lacrosse will have the following benefits for your child:
- It offers an excellent way of keeping fit and healthy.
- It will instil a sense of discipline in your child that will spill over to everyday routine too. In order to be good at lacrosse, your child will have to always be alert and observant. As a result, it will help to improve mental agility and concentration levels in your child.
- Lacrosse will teach the importance of patience to your child, as it involves a lot of practice and patience to get a scoring mark on the field.
- Playing lacrosse also involves an immense amount of physical exercise. It will help to improve your child’s overall mental and physical development.
- As lacrosse is a team sport, your kid will learn how to interact with different people and reach a common goal. It will improve your child’s social skills as well as help your kid open up to others. Your child will also learn to read body language and understand people better.
What’s Next…Register for an Awesome Sport… Spread the Word & Bring a Friend!